Everyone gains from stable housing- the individuals themselves and the greater community. Serve on a Community Action Board to support affordable housing through financial oversight.
What Community Action Board Members do:
- Volunteers on the board review and approve financial statements of a CommonBond property.
- The time commitment is 1 - 2 hours annually in May, for at least 2 years.
What we are looking for:
- Background in business or finance is helpful, but not required.
- Familiarity with Roberts Rules of Order helpful, but not required.
- All that is truly required is an interest in supporting your community through stable, affordable housing!
What the supports and benefits to volunteering are:
- Experience on a board.
- Minimal time commitment (1-2 hours a year for 2 years) makes for a convenient way to make a positive difference.